It’s been 2 weeks since I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl and the last two weeks have gone by so quickly. I can’t believe our baby girl has been with us for a whole two weeks already.
I will be doing a post soon on my labour with all the details, but for now I wanted to share with you my body 2 weeks after giving birth.
My body 2 Weeks Postpartum
- My belly is pretty much back to the size it was before, the main difference being that my whole abdominal area is super soft to touch. it is going to take a while to build up that muscle again. While pregnant that abdominal muscle was stretched, so its going to take a while to get it back to pre pregnancy tone and strength.
- My bum and legs have lost a lot of muscle mass. This will start t come back with the help of muscle memory once I hit the gym again.
- My upper body has also lost a lot of muscle tone, again this will start to reappear once I start working out again.
How have I managed to lose the baby belly?
- Exclusively breastfeeding – I have not been to the gym or worked out at all in the first 2 weeks. I have been exclusively breastfeeding which has definitely helped shed any extra weight because it burns a minimum of an extra 500 calories a day. Exclusively breastfeeding has meant that my uterus has managed to shrink back to almost its pre pregnancy size because the nipple stimulation your baby provides when breastfeeding encourages your uterus to contract back to that pre pregnancy size.
- Working out during pregnancy – all the working out that I did during my pregnancy has meant that my body has remained strong and it has 100% helped with me getting rid of any baby weight.
- Getting to the gym – I really want to get back into the gym ASAP! ideally this week (week 3) or next week. This will mean waking up and going before my fiancé goes to work and this I going to be a struggle to get used to with the limited amount of sleep that I am already getting.
- Home Workouts – I will be working out at home on a daily basis (hopefully), this is possible if our baby has a good day and isn’t being to fussy. I will need to be flexible with this and accept that some days I will struggle to work out, some days my workout might take 2 hours and other days it will be fine!
Keep an eye out for my workout that I plan on posting over the next couple of days.
How did my other mummy’s out there get back to their pre pregnancy bodies back?